St. Petersburg Therapeutic Recreation(727) 893-7899| firstname.lastname@example.org |
St. Petersburg Therapeutic Recreation aims to provide education and recreation services help people with illnesses, disabilities and other conditions to develop and use their leisure in ways that will enhance their health, functional abilities, independence and quality of life. The St. Petersburg Therapeutic Recreation Office coordinates programs at various St. Petersburg locations and are supervised by Nationally Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialists (CTRS).
Through our programs, St. Petersburg Therapeutic Recreation strives to:
- Provide education on the constructive use of leisure
- Reduce boredom
- Alleviate stress and anxiety
- Introduce new recreation and cultural opportunities
- Develop self-esteem through recreation participation
- Provide emotional and social support to participants
- Adapt activities, as necessary, to ensure the success of the participant
St. Petersburg Parks and Recreation provides accessible programming and reasonable accommodations for people of all abilities. Participation in classes at your neighborhood recreation center is encouraged. Assistance is available for individuals interested in participating in classes offered at any St. Petersburg recreation center.
Dances provide a safe, fun and social environment for individuals with disabilities for age 13 and up. 7:00 pm.to 9:00 pm the 1st and 3rd Fridays monthly, September through May. Group home…Find out more »