Spina Bifida Association of Central Florida(407) 248-9210| Contact@SBACENTRALFLORIDA.ORG |
The mission of the Spina Bifida Association of Central Florida is to promote the prevention of Spina Bifida and to enhance the lives of all affected.
Spina Bifida Association of Central Florida envisions a world in which no pregnancies are affected by Spina Bifida. People living with Spina Bifida thrive in a barrier-free world that offers ready access to an array of effective treatment options and uniformly excellent medical care. Their individual life choices are not impeded by Spina Bifida and all experience rich and personally fulfilling lives.
Spina Bifida Association of Central Florida values:
- Collaboration. We value mutual respect and honesty as the cornerstones of all of our relationships. We employ teamwork and transparency to guide our efforts.
- Commitment to Excellence. We aspire to hold ourselves to the highest standard and serve as champions of our cause, striving to be the best in all that we do.
- Effective Voice. We work together to effect change and encourage informed advocacy on a personal, community and global level.
- Inclusiveness. We embrace varied cultures, ethnicity and backgrounds, diversity of thought, innovation and creativity.
- Integrity. We pursue our mission with honor, fairness and respect for all individuals while we act as good stewards of our mission and the public’s trust.
WHAT IS SPINA BIFIDA?
Spina Bifida is a neural tube defect that happens in the first month of pregnancy when the spinal column doesn’t close completely. It is the most common permanently disabling birth defect in the United States; however, the effects of Spina Bifida are different for every person.
An estimated 166,000 people in the United States currently live with Spina Bifida.
An average of eight (8) babies are born with Spina Bifida or a similar birth defect of the brain and spine each day. With the right care, babies born with Spina Bifida will grow up to reach their full potential.
There are over 60 million women at risk of having a baby born with Spina Bifida.
Visit the Spina Bifida Association of Central Florida Tampa Bay Support Group on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/101698648859/
- There were no results found.